woensdag 17 oktober 2012

Work in progress, a book and a finished order...

Living in the South of Spain where the sun is shining most of the days throughout the year, you can come upon a 'strange' scene like this in october:


While the sun is still dropping her last rays (at 19.15!), I found myself crocheting outside on my patio with warm Merino wool on my 'Dotty blanket in vintage colours' and dreaming away in Mollie Makes Christmas book, that had just arrived. I love this book, the nostalgic look, the wonderful projects, very Mollie Makes indeed, and I love Mollie makes.


When I was a little toddler, my parents used to call me Mollie... So when I first found out about this magazine I thought it was made especially for me...well sort of... it could have been.... It is obvious that I'm a 'maker'. And I'm a real collector too....my house could be featured in Mollie Makes without the use of a stylist I guess...that is: she/he wouldn't know where to begin rearranging puppets, animal figurines, crocheted goodies, flowery cups, jars-full-of-buttons-and-ribbons etc. etc.!

This is a 'Granny tissuebox cover' I have just finished as the last piece in an order. The colours aren't very true in this picture, but I have already send it of to it's new owner:

I used Michelle Kludas' pattern that is available for free on her lovely blog The Royal Sisters. And added some free style flowers to it and a clean and simple edging.

Hasta luego!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. The granny tissuebox cover is lovely and beautiful!
    Have a nice day, greetings Valerie ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Leuk dat Molly makes boek! was hem nog niet eerder tegengekomen....jij bent voorlopig wel weer zoet met zoveel projecten. Je deken word trouwens ook mooi!
    groetjes, Wilma

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Leuk dit seg en je kan ook heel mooi haken!! super :) ben ineens ook een volger geworden :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. aha, daar zijn de rondjes in een vierkant. Leuk hoor dat wordt vrolijk!

    Dat boekje ziet er ook heel leuk uit, dat heb ik nog niet eerder gezien.

    Haak lekker verder.
    Groetjes, Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Maar hier spat de creativiteit er ook af hoor! :-) Welkom op mijn blogje en dank je wel voor je lieve berichtje! En wat leuk, jij zit helemaal in het verre Spanje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Comments are very much appreciated, I'd love to hear from you!