Although I had a big shortage of time....I 'had' to scrap....lucky me. My dear friend Astrid had her birthday last week (I hope the card has already arrived, otherwhise she sees it here first...) and I wanted to thank my mum for a wonderful week in Holland:I haven't had time yet, to get my bloggin' up to date, so I just found out about the award that Maartje gave me, thank you Maartje!
The award involves telling 7 thing about yourself that your readers don't know yet.....uuuuuuh, I haven't got a clue what you know or don't know about me. Some blogfriends have been following me for a long time now and some of you are new blogfriends. So I'll just tell things that pop into my mind and I do appologize if they are 'old news'!
1. I have been living in the south of Spain for almost 4 years now, but was born in Amsterdam, the greatest city in the world! (but Malaga takes a good 2nd place...)
2. After doing a secretarial/management job for years (I actually studied for that) I started my own creative company in 2000. First I had a webshop in baby accesories en decorations. I was sewing 'till looooong after midnight because in daytime I had 2 little girls to look after. Since I started teaching jewelry making workshops in 2003 I never touched my sewing machine again....
3. I'm the eldest of 4, I have a brother and 2 sisters...none of them are creative! I inherrited that (a bit) from my mum, but mainly from her mum, my super sweet 91 year old granny.
4. Although I love many crafts, I always have periods in which 1 takes up most of my time. I went from embossed card making to sewing, to jewelry making to scrapbooking and now it's mainly crochet....but cross stitching is peeking around the corner and sometimes even my dusty sewing machine seems to call me again!
5. I can be totally obsessed with a project I'm working on: can't stop 'till way past my bedtime, dream about it, pop's right back in my head when I awake...and that process sometimes starts while I'm still working on another project!
6. I get really cranky when a day passes in which I could not do anything crafty. I'm always bursting with ideas, so I guess that when I can't realize any of them the pressure just gets too high.
7. I try to be very loyal to my blogfriends and feel really guilty if I haven't responded to their blogposts for a while. But a very busy life and poor internet sometimes just make it impossible. I seem to be the one that has the biggest problem accepting that fact though........you are all so sweet and patient!
Thanks for all the lovely comments and for following me! I have already reached 106 followers, so that calls for a give away don't you think? I will come up with one soon, promise!